We hope this letter finds you and your family well through this unprecedented time. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. This email is to inform you that Hu & Li Dental will cautiously reopen starting June, 1st. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our doctors and staffs will wear a mask and face shield.
- Our doctors and back side assistants will wear a gown that is changed in between patients.
- All surfaces will be wiped down with disinfectant in between each patient.
- Our patients are requested to wear a mask.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. Only 1 patient allowed in the waiting room at a time.
- Our Front Desk will communicate with you before appointment and ask some screening questions. Patients cannot attend if they have had a cough, sore throat, or fever within 14 days, or if they live with someone who has had a cough, sore throat, or fever within 14 days.
- When you arrive, please call (925)803-8088 and wait in your car, our staff will come to you. Forehead temperature will be scanned, same screening questions will be asked again and the form will be signed. Please remember to bring a pen to sign.
- When you enter the office, we will ask you to use the non-touch hand sanitizer before you enter the treatment room. You will also find hand sanitizer at other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Medical grade surgically purified air purifier with Germicidal UV-C+ bulbs will be used in the treatment room to clean and sterilize the indoor air. The unit is proven to filter 100% of the air in each treatment room every 15 minutes in Medium level and every 3 minutes in Turbo level. The unit is on order and should arrive by 6/15.
- Patients are asked to report any sign or symptoms of COVID19 within 14 days after treatment for us to follow up.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have. To make an appointment, please call our office at (925)803-8088. Stay safe and be well ☺
Hu & Li Dental Team